Sunday, May 14, 2006

Dialogue: s2e04-01

INT. - DR. ISABEL DE OBALDIA'S OFFICE - DAY

[Helena Peabody sits on a couch across from her shrink, Dr. Isabel de Obaldia. The telephone rings.]

[Titlecard: New York City, Present Day]



Isabel: (phone) This is Doctor de Obaldia returning his call. I'm in session for the next 45 minutes.

[The call ends. Helena looks at the doctor.]



Isabel: We need to talk.



Helena: Isn't that why I'm here?

[Helena slowly takes off her jacket.]



Isabel: Please don't do that.

Helena: What am I doing, Isabel?



Isabel: You know exactly what you're doing.

[Helena sits back and crosses her legs.]



Helena: Are you ashamed of what happened?

Isabel: It was profoundly wrong, I... I could lose my license.

Helena: I would never do that.

Isabel: I have a responsibility to you. And I abused that responsibility. (hesitates) I'm sorry.

Helena: I'm not. How is it wrong...



Isabel: It's absolutely wrong.

Helena: ... to act on desire, when we are both suffocating from it? When it harms no one... when it's so... fucking... excruciating?



[The doctor stares at her. Helena gets up and slowly walks over.]



Isabel: But I have done you a great disservice. Please. I am asking you to sit back down.

[Helena slowly leans over Isabel and kisses her neck.]



[Isabel sighs in ecstasy. Helena raises her to her feet and they kiss hungrily. Helena begins to take Isabel's jacket off.]



Dialogue from L-Word Transcripts

Comments on "Dialogue: s2e04-01"

 

post a comment