Sunday, March 12, 2006

Why?

Rachel Shelley (Helena Peabody)

Like many people, I found Helena a very difficult character to like in Season 2. She was introduced primarily to keep Bette (my favourite character) and Tina apart. Rachel Shelley played the role of Helena Peabody, the typical English bitch beautifully. I was fortunate enough to meet Rachel at the first L Word convention, 'The L Event' last November, and discovered what a wonderfully warm, funny, intelligent and down-to-earth person she is. So it's been an absolute pleasure for me to see Helena's transformation in season 3, particuarly as a fellow Brit I get tired of the type-casting that British actors suffer in Hollywood. The coupling of Helena & Dylan has become the most important and riveting relationship in season 3 of The L Word, not just for me but for many L Word fans.

[Edited on 1st May 2006 to add]

By the end of season 3 (well maybe even the middle) Helena became my favourite main character on The L Word, and Rachel my favourite actor (sorry Jennifer). So Rachel's wish on her podcast that Helena is more liked, certainly came true in season 3 and I hope it continues in season 4 and beyond.

Alexandra Hedison (Dylan Moreland)

When I first heard that Alexandra Hedison had joined the cast for season 3 as a potential love interest for Helena, I was both pleased and intrigued. All I knew about Alexandra previously was that she's a photographer, an actor and Ellen's rather gorgeous ex. I'd never seen any of her previous acting roles, but by episode 5 of season 3 I was blown away by her performance. She is truly amazing. Thank goodness The L Word has introduced me to such an amazing acting talent.

Helena + Dylan = Dylena (Hot!)

So, I find myself rather obsessed over season 3 of The L Word, way more so than the previous seasons. Rachel and Alexandra have amazing chemistry and I know I'm not the only one who thinks their scenes in season 3 were the best and most realistic lesbian love scenes ever shown on TV, or in film for that matter.

So, what better way to productively use this obsession, than with some creativity that will hopefully give pleasure to fellow obsessed fans of the show. I did it before for Kim and Kerry in Season 7 of ER, does anyone remember my site, 305 Temple Street? Anyway, I hope you enjoy perusing this blog as much as I have enjoyed, and will continue to enjoy working on it.

If you would like to read or indeed join in with discussion, dissection, fun and snarktastic (thanks Nirvana) comments on the subject of Dylena then please come and join us in the Dylena thread at Mediablvd.

Comments on "Why?"

 

post a comment